using google sketchup with donek d4 drag knife problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down

using google sketchup with donek d4 drag knife problems

Post by gsaflightsquadron on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:56 pm

I have a converted into g code and im getting a error saying contains circle commands.document not capable of processing circles you should use a post processor that uses export arcs.you could also try converting your circles to Bezier curves. im new to cnc I have a phlatprinter3 Im using googlesketchup 8 it has phlatscript installed that converts to g code. I need help.i cant figure this out . bill:confused: 

gsaflightsquadron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: using google sketchup with donek d4 drag knife problems

Post by DonekTools on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:06 pm

The excel processor will only process line segments. If your g-code has circles or other g-code commands, it will not know what to do with them. I have not been able to use this sketchup g-code creator yet, but you will need to talk with the author to find out if there is a way to get it to export your circles as line segments. This is a very common option with most cam programs and their post processors.
DonekTools
Admin

View user profile http://donektools.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmarch on Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:53 am

Goto phlat forum and find link to download Scketchup7 and also find link for add-on for DXF export. This option is not available with scketchup8 unless you have pro version. Then download trial version of CamBam fully working program for first 40 time you open it. Import you DXF file into Cambam and create gcode. See if that works. CamBam is setup similar to SheetCam that is offered with Donek drag knife. I am very interested how this drag knife works cutting models out of ready foam board. Please post back to let me know.

tjmarch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top