Fusion 360 drag knife tool path creation

Go down

Fusion 360 drag knife tool path creation

Post by WhiteRoom Skis on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:12 pm

Does anyone use F360 to create their tool paths? If so can you give a description of how you create them? F360 doesn't have a native drag knife tool path but it does have some other 2d cutting tools

How do you add the swivel code into the G code F360 creates?

Thank you

Vin

WhiteRoom Skis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fusion 360 drag knife tool path creation

Post by DonekTools on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:36 pm

manually adding corner actions is extremely time consuming. You can try to use the excel program on the donektools web site, but that requires a certain aptitude with coding.

The only software currently offering corner actions is vectric's v-carve and apsire and SheetCAM.

If you are doing external sharp corners, it is possible to use a plasma loop, but that does waste some material. If you are die cutting base graphics, I would recommend rounding all your corners or purchasing sheetCAM.

DonekTools
Admin

View user profile http://donektools.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteRoom Skis on Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:48 am

I’m revisiting this topic since I’m being given a D2.

Can the drag knife corners excel program run from the command line in Windows as described in this link https://wellsr.com/vba/2015/excel/run-macro-without-opening-excel-using-vbscript/

My problem is I run fusion in my Mac for design. My laptop is windows based to run Mach 3 but is bare bones and doesn’t have excel on it. After some research I think it is possible to generate code in fusion, run it thru the excel program to add corner and save to use in Mach 3.

Ideas?

WhiteRoom Skis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteRoom Skis on Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:28 pm

I’ve successfully produced trace toolpath gcode in F360 and run it thru the excel macro to produce corner actions.

WhiteRoom Skis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down