Discuss the Donek Tools Drag Knife
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help with d4

Go down

help with d4 Empty help with d4

Post by swallace84 Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:31 pm

Hi there,
Hope you're well. I need some help with the Donek D4 that I purchased a while back. I've never been able to get it to work properly and I'm all out of ideas. I feel like I've read everything on the internet about it, but something still isn't clicking. It's frustrating that so many of the links and videos are no longer working or are marked private.
Here's the workflow that I'm trying.
I'm using vectric aspire 9 and the dragknife gadget. I've been doing test cuts in cereal box cardboard. I've tried making incremental changes of .005" to the swivel depth and blade offset in both directions, but to no avail. I've tried using my regular post processor of grbl mm gcode and the donek knife to excel post processor (it seems like there's an excel spreadsheet that goes along with this, but I can't find it). I run the gcode from openbuilds control software. Img 6442 shows the best that I could get, but it's still not closing it. I did a few attempts with the dragknife fillet tool in aspire, but that didn't work and flying blind with regards to the tool diameter within that tool.
I feel like there's got to be a solution here somehow. I feel like 1000 monkeys banging away on typewriters-- yeah sure they'll write Shakespeare at some point...

help with d4 Unname10
help with d4 Img_6410
help with d4 Img_6411

swallace84

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum